Friday, April 12, 2013

New Addition To The Family!

No, no one has had a (human) baby!

I mentioned a few posts ago that my after two failed attempts at homing new cats, my mum had her eye on a kitten, whose current owner has been updating us with news and pictures, until the kitten is ready to be seperated from her mother.

Well, next week is when we are due to collect Jellybean, so you can imagine that it came as a huge shock to me when I recieved a text from my mum on Wednesday saying, "There are kittens in the pet shop!" and a few hours later she arrived home with one in a box!

If you were wondering, yes, we are also having Jellybean. Not sure how I feel about this, because although I do love cats, especially kittens, this will bump the total number of cats in our household up to 6.

SIX CATS!!!! YOU DON'T THINK THAT'S ABOUT THREE TOO MANY, MUM?! NO?

So we really are a crazy cat family now, to the extent that it's starting to creep me out a little!

So, that aside, meet Dexter (formerly Teddy)!


He looks like a bear cub in this photo!

Cute, right! He's a very dark brown/black with the most gorgeous eyes, which actually is a real pain in the ass when taking pictures as you can barely see him unless it's taken in direct sun light.

He's about 11 weeks old, maybe a bit older, and SUUUUUUPER cute. You can tell I'm going all crazy cat lady here.

We took ages choosing his name - I liked Nemo, as Finding Nemo is one of my favourite films and also because it's a bit ironic, but, as weird as it is, I really wanted to name him Mike Wazowski, from Monsters Inc. - you can tell I enjoy kid's animated films, huh?

In the end we settled with Dexter, firstly because of the cheeky little monkey from Night at the Museum and secondly from the program I used to watch as a kid, Dexter's Laboratory.

Wow, I really do enjoy kids stuff.

Then we thought of Teddy, because he looks like a teddy and is really cute, but that spark fizzled out after a while. So it's Dexter. (But I do still call him Mike Wazowski in the most perfect Roz voice).

So, there he is, our new kitten, Dexter. The other cats aren't too keen but don't seem too fussed, they'll get used to him. I hope so anyway, especially as we'll have another kitten with us this time next week!

WE ARE MAD!