Sunday, March 31, 2013

Garnier Moisture Match pt2

Last post was a mini review of the sample I got of the newly released Garnier Moisture Match range. This time I'm doing the "Protect & Glow" sample, which has SPF 20 and light reflecting pearls that give you that "just-got-back-from-the-beach glow, without the tan lines".

I thought that this would be great with it being spring now and that as it's (supposed to be) getting warmer, one should have a glowing face to go with it.


I'm just gonna say straight out that I hated this stuff. I really did, I threw away what was left of the sample as I will never be using it again.

It supposedly has an "oil-free" texture... it hasn't. It is very much like sun cream, and I know that's not due to the fact that it has SPF 20 as I've many products with SPF that are not oily in the slightest, but this stuff...


Like I said, it's very much like suncream in texture, although I can't deny that it is pretty lightweight, like the packaging says. 

I think that possibly the worst thing about this moisturiser is the face that the "light reflecting pearls" do more bad than good, in my case anyway. My face just looks greasy (again, like when you apply sun cream) and my pores are ridiculously eccentuated. I swear you can see every nook and cranny and dip in my skin - pores are enhanced, the area on and around my nose looks horrendous.

So on the whole, awful. I'm glad I ordered the sample as it's saved me buying a full sized product and being even more disappointed... Actually I'm pretty disappointed as I was hoping this one would be useful for the spring/summer months, but sadly, it's not.

And another thing, if this is supposed to be for "normal skin",which I have and so I dread to think the effects on already oily skin, but I do wonder what the effects would be for one with dry skin... I suppose it's different for everyone, obviously, but for me this was horrible.