Saturday, March 30, 2013

Garnier Moisture Match

So today my free samples of the new Garnier Moisture Match range arrived, after only two weeks which I think is pretty decent seeing as samples are limited and so many people have applied for them.

I applied for the "Wake Me Up" moisturiser for dull skin, and so I was suprised that I also got two other samples- "Start Afresh" and "Glow & Protect", which was unexpected but great!


I went ahead and applied the Wake Me Up sample this morning, which is supposed to give your skin that "awake and fresh" look.

Each moisturiser has a different texture... or for want of another phrase, they come in different forms - gel, sorbet and lotion to name a few - which are again tailored for one's individual skin needs.


The Wake Me Up sample is a clear gel, and to me has the same appearance and texture as an alcohol hand sanitiser... At first I felt it was a little oily but once absorbed into the skin it's not oily at all!

There is a very strong fragrance at first, although it is a nice fruity fragrance which does linger for a while but eventually settles - great if you're wearing the moisturiser alone but may be bad news when mixing with other scented products.

I didn't take before and after pictures as there wasn't a change in appearance of my skin in photos, however I can say that my face did feel more awake and certainly looked less dull... it did give me a little glow and the fresh fragrance was great.  As I'm sitting here typing this now, about 20 mins after applying, I can say that my face feels silky smooth too!

I'll probably be posting about one of the other samples that came too -  the "Protect & Glow" sample which has SPF 20 and has light reflecting pearls which "give you that just-got-back-from-the-beach glow", according to the packaging.

All in all though, this Wake Me Up sample was great and I'll probably be buying the full sized product once my current moisturiser is empty.