Monday, March 4, 2013

My New VERSATILE Fringe

Okay, so not long ago I gave my hair a trim so that it was a same length all around - jaw length bob. Recently, I've found that it's grown a little bit and is beginning to look a little longer, which a few people have also commented on!

With this in mind, I decided that maybe my hair was now long enough to do something new with. My mind instantly sprang to a fringe (or bangs - why do Americans call them bangs?); when my hair was long, I had one 90% of the time and it suited me well, but since I had a pixie cut and it's been growing, I've stuck to a long side fringe. It actually had no shape or anything and looked pretty basic.

So, fringe. I was thinking a full fringe, maybe a little choppy and thin, I didn't want such a blunt and statement fringe with the rest of my hair being so... meh... at the minute.

I went ahead and did some internet research, washed my hair, did a middle parting, and cut. Initially, when I'd first done it, I thought it looked okay. I showed my mum and she just laughed, which made me think "Oh fucking hell, it must look really bad, what have I done to myself..."

THANKFULLY, when I revert back to my usual side part, the fringe settles into a very nice side swept fringe. It's similar to how it was before but a lot shorter. When cutting I kept the fringe fairly long, as I didn't want to cut it really short in case it looked atrocious and there was no way for me to fix it, but the length I ended up with is fine!

Also, you can see that the lilac has completely washed out now...
I discovered that with a middle parting and the full fringe, it doesn't actually look too bad when pushed back into a ponytail, or with the top layers pinned up. I've also realised that I look a lot younger with this full fringe! I've been so used to the long side fringe recently that I'd forgotten how I looked with a full one, and that's really young! 


With it down, I have been told that it doesn't look too bad, but the side part looks A LOT better. My friend said, and I agree, that with the middle part, fringe and the rest of my hair down, it looks very basic, almost bowl cut-basic.

But, as I've said, it doesn't look to bad with the full fringe and my hair tied back, and looks pretty cute with the usual side part, so I would say that I have successfully created an accidentally versatile fringe!