Monday, March 25, 2013

Jenna Piercings Collections



Sweet baby Jesus I get asked about these all the time.  First of all, everything that is in these pictures is all I have, no secret piercings/tattoos, nothing you have to be special to see, so don’t worry you’re not missing out.  Here we go:
Left ear (pictured above):
  • 2 lobe piercings, both done with guns.  There’s no earring in the 2nd hole but it is right next to it.  I think I was six when I got my first hole second hole was in 2001.
  • Tragus piercing.  I got this done in 2002 with a 14 gauge needle and captive bead ring.  The piercing itself was less painful than I had anticipated it to be.  Apparently there is a “pop” sound for many people when they have it done, but I did not experience that.  Since this was a cartilage piercing, I was ready for the much longer healing process than that of just skin, like a lobe, as I had already gotten a cartilage piercing on the other side.  I did a good job cleaning, soaking, and caring for it and after 4 months the soreness had dissipated completely.  The soreness I would rank on the same level as an upper cartilage piercing, just in a weirder place .  I wouldn’t sleep, use the phone or headphones on that side to avoid getting a keloid or big bump of scar tissue around the hole, and it healed perfectly.  I have put different jewelry in it in the past, studs, circular barbells, etc.  The earring that has been in it for the past several years is a circular barbell with one side a spike pictured below, the other side a blue ball.  Only because I had lost the other spike and blue ball…. I made a mix.  I’m also retarded.
 Right Ear :
First and second lobe piercings same as described above.
Upper cartilage piercing done at the same time as my second holes in 2001 with a gun (bad I know), but wound up healing just fine after around 6 months with good care. Conch piercing.  I got this done in 2003 with a 12 gauge hollow needle.  The piercing itself is pretty painful, it is a very thick piece of cartilage (I like to say a conch is when you “pierce your whole ear” … I guess it sounds funnier when I say it out loud.  Imagine it in my voice.  Okay now laugh).  Since it was done with a hollow needle, the piercer tapped the piece of my ear that was removed onto the table and asked me if I wanted to keep it, I said fuck no get it out of my face.  Recently someone with a significant amount of body modifications asked me if I ate it.  Apparently people do that?? THE FUCK?  I took very good care of this piercing, but because it’s basically the center of your entire ear, it got knocked around a lot.  Everything I did seemed to hurt my ear (you never realize how much things touch your ears until you piece the whole fucking thing).  It took a full year to heal and not be sore, so getting this pierced is kind of a commitment.  I did develop a small keloid around it which is still there and will be forever, but hardly noticeable.  If you are considering getting this done just make sure you are ready to take care of it.  Cleaning it is only half the battle.  This piercing really takes a conscious effort not to bump it with every day objects.  Mindlessly brushing your hair in the morning and accidentally catching it 5 months after you get it pierced can irritate it enough to develop a keloid that will never heal, so it’s kind of a big deal. Not to mention when I take the hoop out there’s a gaping hole in the middle of the cartilage that will never close.  You know, just some things to consider if you are interested in it.  I’m still very much in love with this piercing and my others even though they were done around ten years ago.  The earring in this is actually the original one it was pierced with and I have never changed it because I think it’s the tits.